HELS fosters and sustains meaningful partnerships with many other professionals and agencies, including:
- Very strong links with local health professionals (i.e. GPs, health visitors, practice nurses, osteopaths) who support session delivery and drop-ins and provide pupils with opportunities to see their local health professional in a positive situation. They also support parent groups offering care and advice on various topics.
- Teenage Pregnancy Strategy – Member of the practitioners’ forum, commissioned to carry out HIV prevention work in schools, deliver joint training to staff in schools
- Teaching and Learning Consultants for Health and Wellbeing.
- School nurses in the delivery of health education session in primary, secondary and special schools. Provide support for nurses who are undertaking the PSHE CPD programme.
- Brook London – supporting them in delivering HIV information drop-ins in secondary schools.
- As a member of the Wellbeing Operational Group and feeding back on children and young people’s mental health.
- Kings’ Dental Team. HELS facilitate opportunities for parents/carers to receive information on dental care for themselves and their children, as part of a Healthy Start module offered to parents/carers.
- Kensington and Chelsea Counselling Service – delivering joint sessions to parents/carers on ‘Emotional Health and Wellbeing’ and ‘Behaviour Management’.